Any form of music for your venue, function or event:
- live covers – classic rock, pop, reggae, ska, light jazz, country, folk
- live original music (rock/pop/ska/humorous)
- If your needs are more for prerecorded music of any style, I can DJ
- mix of live and recorded music for longer events
Guaranteed with every show:
- Full band sound without backing tracks (or loopers)
- Great performance
- High level of musicianship
- Visual interest/appeal
- High quality sound and neat setup
- Volume levels suited to the situation and venue
Answers to FAQ (frequently asked questions):
- Yes, I am playing all the sounds you hear. Amazing, innit?
- No, there are no backing tracks, or “MIDIs” or any recording or looping. It’s all done live.
- Yes, my feet are playing the drums.
- The bass and synth sounds are coming from the guitar (strangely enough, the guitar sounds too!).
- My right thumb is playing the bass sounds on the lower strings.
- My right hand fingers play the guitar synth sounds on the treble strings.
- Vocal harmonies are from a clever device (I suspect more intelligent than me) that figures out what I’m playing on the guitar and twists my voice to follow in realtime.
- No, it’s not “cheating”. I’m still singing as well as playing the bass, drum and guitar parts simultaneously. The tech is just a tool to make the sounds more appropriate to each song and fill in the sonic holes.
- Yes, it takes a lot of patch editing: of every sound for each. and. every. single. song.
- Yes, I know what all the knobs and buttons do.
- Yes, it took a long time to learn. In my case, three years full-time study, followed by 35+ years of experience.
- Yes, This all means I’m very busy and can’t really chat about this stuff during performance. However I’m always up for tech talk during breaks and tear-down.
Covers | Original Music | DJ